Made from (raw) non-roasted Ecuadorian Arriba criollo cacao beans
Certified Organic by ECOCERT Canada
Benefits of cacao:
- naturally mood boosting– likely from the naturally occuring love compound in chocolate: PEA. Phenethylamine, stimulates the nervous system and triggers the release of pleasurable opium-like compounds known as endorphins.
- amazing weight loss food- likely from the nutritional density of cacao and because compounds in cacao occupy our brain’s pleasure sensors, so we do not seek other foods of empty calories to fill this void
- natural energy enhancer and aphrodisiac
- little to no caffeine naturally present- though there is a compound present that is quite similar to caffeine, just not as stimulating
- high source of magnesium– great for deep relaxation with an awake mind, also great for heart health whether it’s regulating blood pressure or heart rate by relaxing the blood vessels, muscles, and arteries
“Our cacao paste originates from hand picked Ecuadorian Arriba criollo cacao pods. The beans are hand selected, fermented in specialized huts for approx. 3-4 days, sun-dried to perfection, crushed and winnowed (the skins removed). These nibs are ground in a granite melange and naturally liquefy (cacao beans are naturally high in fat containing approx. 45-60%). The liquefied cacao mass is poured onto trays and solidified, next broken into pieces and packaged for your enjoyment. Our cacao does not go through a “Dutch” process nor alkalized in any way.
Our supplier sources fully mature ripe pods from trees grown in mineral rich volcanic soil. These trees are not irrigated from potentially contaminated rivers and streams. Our supplier works directly with the farmers (aka direct trade) and it is our goal to ensure that everyone along the supply chain is well taken care of. Happy workers = happy food= happy people. It is also our goal to provide great tasting, pure & the highest quality CACAO possible. We regularly lab test our products to ensure they meet specifications and the high standards our customers have come to expect.” -Giddy Yoyo, Chocolate Therapy cacao supplier